New to Urth Yoga
Urth Yoga Etiquette
- Exercise good personal hygiene prior to arriving at the studio.
- Do not wear perfume or other strong scents to class.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes before class. Arriving late to class can be both distracting and disruptive.
- Take your shoes off before entering the yoga room.
- Turn off mobile devices or set them to airplane mode before entering the yoga room.
Preparing for your first visit
- Purchase the Urth Yoga New Student Introductory Offer or purchase a Single Class.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before class.
- Complete the Urth Yoga Liability Waiver upon arrival.
- Sign-in at the front desk.
- All Urth Yoga classes are sequenced with a warm-up and cool-down period. Therefore, students will not be permitted to enter class more than 10 minutes after the scheduled class start time. For similar reasons, students are also encouraged to stay until the end of class.
- Wear lightweight, comfortable clothing that breathes and allows for dynamic movement.
- Practice on an empty stomach. If a light snack is needed within 2 hours of class, a piece of fruit or an energy bar is a good choice. Urth Yoga has CLIF bars for sale ($2).
- Drink water before and during class. We have boxed water for sale ($2) and also provide filtered water (free) to fill up your water bottle.
- Bring your own yoga mat. We do rent yoga mats ($2), but we highly recommend that you have your own mat for hygienic reasons. Mat rentals are intended for new students and our friends from out of town, not regular Urth Yoga students.
- Please talk to your teacher before class about any injury or illness that might affect your practice. Our classes are active and challenging, however, they should never cause pain. All Urth Yoga teachers will gladly a help students with proper alignment and pose variations to help keep them out of pain and on the way to healing and recovery.